Friday, January 2, 2015

University Love [Part 17]

Here's another update.
Sorry for taking so long!

Amber's POV

I got home safely even though Victoria kept on bubbling in my ear, telling me to die, telling me to date Krystal, and stuff. I don't get it. Why should I date when I used to fail? Love is the only subject that I fail, to be frank. I always achieve top scores on every other subject. How I wish I could learn about love and get passed with top score too.

"Dude, stop having a long face, alright? What are you thinking? Are you gonna go for her or not?" asked Victoria, pouring some milk into 2 glasses.

"Vic, just shut up. I'm not gonna date, and I'll be focusing on my study. I planned to be the top 4 years in the row," replied me, sitting down on the couch, "and I don't want any milk. Just pour one for yourself."

"I didn't make one for you! I made one for myself, and another one for the future outstanding idiot who is sitting on the couch!" shouted Victoria whose voice, I can sense, is full of anger,

"Geez, Vic, thanks for the milk. Keep calm and sit with me, OK? Stop thinking about my personal life," I waved my hand at her. At the same time, trying to sound as calm as ever. I don't want to bring up a fight between us just because of my dating issue.

Victoria carried the 2 glasses of milk, walking up to me. She sat down next to me and turned on TV. Handed the milk to me, she has her eyes fixed on the screen rather than looking at me.
To break the ice, I asked:

"So, what's up with you and Sulli?"

"What's up with me and her?" she asked me back, and again without looking at me.

"Well, I thought you like her. Do you like her? She seems cute," I replied while looking at her, trying to see her reaction, and yes, I see her flinched her lips, which means I got her weakness.

"You see, I like her, but I don't plan to hit on her or anything because she isn't interested in me," replied Victoria, sadly, and finally looked at me.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because I always caught her looking at you..."

There's a pregnant silence between us. Oh man. Here comes another girl who is liked by cousin, and yet she loves me. This kind of situation hasn't just happened for the first time. Hmm, so that's why she wanted me to date Krystal, and then she could have a chance to get Sulli.

"Dude, don't assume things like that. There are various reasons she always looks at me. She might think I'm a weirdo or something. You should just ask her out or else you won't know if she likes you or not," I suggested her while giving her shoulder a pat. In response, she nodded and smiled a little.

And just that alone, we are on a good term again.

I had shower later on, and decided to read the book for tomorrow lesson. I hope the lecturer is educated and qualified enough to teach me. I seriously can't handle that pig lecturer yesterday. He's stupid. Reading my study time table on the wall, I see that I will have Communication for business.

"This subject is easy," I mumbled to myself before reading through the first chapter and as well as answered some end of chapter questions. It only took 40 minutes. Closing the book, I smirked.

"I'm totally the smartest, now I think I have time to LINE to Krystal," said myself aloud, and reached out for my phone.

llama: Hey!

Krystal: Yes? 

llama: What r u doing? 

Krystal: Reading Communication for biz n it's hard to understand. 

Really? It's not hard to understand! It was so easy to comprehend! Now I wonder if she's playing trick on me...

llama: seriously? What page ur on now?

Krystal: 15, it says sth about indirect msg, and I dt get it.

llama: Hmm, I've read it and answered the chapter questions already. I can explain to you tmr. Be early as always ok? 

I suddenly feel so caring toward her. I mean I have to be number one, the top one in class, but knowing she doesn't understand the lesson, I should feel happy and proud to be smarter than her, yet, I think I should try to explain to her ...
What's wrong with my head?

Krystal: omg! Thx q so much! you're the best! Come to the cafe, I'll treat u cappuccino :D 

llama: alrite, c u tmr then, :) thx in advance for the coffee! :D gud nite! 

Krystal: gud nite!!  

.
.
.

So I lay on back on my soft bed, thinking of what I've done. Am I falling for this girl? Well, I can't deny her beauty and good attitude, but I don't wanna fall in love.
I literally hit my forehead hard, just to wake myself up from crazy thinking.
I'm not gonna love her.
I'm challenging her because she's a good hardworking student. I only want to be on top.

beep beep 

I feel the light shining on my face. Great, it's already morning. Since when I fell asleep last night? I glance at the digital clock on my side while yawning.

"Just 6:30. I could have more sleep...," I whispered, having one eye closed.

But almost like a bolt, I sat up straight. I need to get ready and be early to explain Krystal's lesson!
I rushed to the bathroom, cleaned my body and teeth, get dressed, and went harshly to Victoria's door. I knocked hard and yelled to wake her up.

It takes like forever for her to open her door. Right now I'm seeing a yawing girl with one hand rub her eye, asking me:

"What's the fuss?! It's just half pass six!"

"I need to get to school early to explain Krystal some lesson!" I quickly replied.

"I thought you aren't hitting on her, why do you even care for her?"

That question gave my mind a long rest to think and rethink of why I am doing this for Krystal. It's tiring to get to school early because since my apartment is far, I need to get up extra early to get to school at around the same time as Krystal.

"So? What is it in your stupid head? Tell me later, I'll get ready" with that, she slammed the door in my face.

"Maybe, I'm just a kind person who like to help others," I mumbled to myself.


It didn't take Vic long to get ready. Also it didn't take me long to drive to school. Oh great, I was suppose to meet at the cafe. This is such a waste of time, having to turn around to the cafe. And why do I bother much? I'm still way earlier than her!
Amber, pull yourself together!

I parked the car smoothly near the cafe, speed walk inside.
Sitting in a nice arm chair, Vic and I ordered our breakfast.

"Stop looking at your watch! She'll arrive soon, seriously, by looking like a person who's anxious seeing her crush, you're saying you're not into her? You make me sick and wanna punch you, dude," spoke Victoria, staring straight into my eyes, making me even more scared than ever!

"..." I opened my mouth, but can't find words to let out. She got me now. I'm really into Krystal.
"What should I do?" I finally asked her.

"What do you mean what you should do?"

"I don't wanna be in love. I don't wanna get hurt," I told her right away.

"Dude, you need to try. You need to change. Otherwise, you won't know what it is like to feel different, to feel love and be loved the one you desire,"

This is the first time ever I think Vic speaks so understanding and hit right on spot. I never thought my crazy cousin is my love consultant.

"Thanks bro!" I smiled at her, but she's not smiling at me. She's shocked, looking at something above my head. Distinctly, I turned my head back to see what it is.

Oh my.

Krystal is right there behind me.

She must have heard everything.

Now what should I do?


No comments:

Post a Comment